Quebec Industrial Financial Incentives for Insulation
Energy efficiency program - Energy audit and implementationStudy and implementation
This program helps defray part of the cost of a feasibility study covering energy efficiency measures. The study will be carried out by an engineering consulting firm accredited by Énergir. If you go ahead with implementing the recommendations of this study, your company will be able to reduce its energy consumption and costs.
Grant – Feasibility study
Énergir financial assistance amounts to 50% of the cost of the study before taxes for a maximum amount based on the annual consumption volume of natural gas.
Grant – Implementation of energy efficiency measures
Énergir’s financial aid is $0.30 per cubic meter of natural gas saved for the first year following the implementation of an energy efficiency measure. The maximum amount of financial aid is $100,000 per account number serviced by natural gas.*
Gazifère Green - Financial Assistance for Commercial and Institutional Customers
Gazifère is offering financial assistance to reduce the energy consumption of buildings.
- Feasibility study
- New Building: $2,000 to cover a portion of the cost of commissioning an energy simulation using a tool such as EE4, CAN-QUEST or DOE2
- Existing Building: $2,000 to cover a portion of the cost of having a feasibility study carried out
- Support for initiatives
- Energy Optimization: $0.25/m3 of natural gas savings to a maximum of 70% of the cost of the measure involved, or $20,000
Support for Initiatives
Gazifère is offering an incentive with two components. Energy optimization of buildings: supports measures involving the building envelope and mechanical systems.
- $0.25 per cubic metre of natural gas saved up to a maximum of 70% of the measure’s cost, or $20,000
Hydro Quebec Buildings Program
Hydro Québec is offering financial assistance based on the rise or fall of electricity consumption due to the energy efficiency measures taken. It is offered in two tiers:
- Prescriptive component: for buildings that are smaller than 10,000 m2 and for new buildings that are at least 2,000 m2. The energy efficiency measures are predefined and must save at least $2,500.
- Catered component: for buildings that are at least 10,000 m2. The measures that are implemented must result in a savings of at least 50,000 kWh/year.
The program is for existing and new commercial and institutional buildings, including multiple-unit residential buildings that are at least 4 floors.