Manitoba Commercial Financial Incentives for Insulation
Building Envelope (Commercial) - Manitoba Hydro
Eligible projects include surface roof upgrades with R-25 to R30 effective, cavity roof upgrades with R-40 to R-50 effective, and surface wall and cavity wall upgrades with R-17 to R-20 effective. Eligible projects receive the following incentive factors:
- Surface insulation incentive factor (R-25 to R-30 effective required) = 7.5¢/R/ft2;
- Cavity insulation incentive factor (R-40 to R-50 effective required) = 3.0¢/R/ft2.
- Surface insulation incentive factor (R-17 to R-20 effective required) = 7.5¢/R/ft2;
- Cavity insulation incentive factor (R-17 to R-20 effective required) = 4.0¢/R/ft2.
New Buildings Program
Manitoba Hydro is offering the following incentives for designing, constructing, and operating new energy efficient buildings.
Energy Modelling Assistance Incentive: up to $10,000 to customers who submit a completed design energy modelling report before their project is tendered
Performance Path Incentive: Design or Construction – $1.00 / ft2
Proven Performance: $0.50/sq. ft. to $2.00/sq. ft. for demonstrating whole-building energy savings of at least 5% better than NECB (up to 20% better)
Power Smart Religious Buildings Loan
Manitoba Hydro is offering to assist religious building customers with the cost of building assessments and the implementation of appropriate energy improvements.
- On-bill financing at 5.5% interest per annum
- Up to $15,000 is available for facilities with energy bills amounting to less than $10,000/year, or up to $30,000 for facilities with energy bills exceeding $10,000/year
On-bill financing of between $500 and $15,000 is available without an energy audit for up to 120 months (10 years).