Manitoba Commercial Financial Incentives for Insulation
Efficiency Manitoba Supplier Network Registration
Interested in growing your business and helping your customers save energy and money? Join our network of suppliers to offer our incentive programs to your customers. Registration is free!
Once they have reviewed your agreement, they will send an email to let you know that you’ve been registered within five to ten business days. Once you’re registered, you can submit application forms and request program materials.
Building Envelope (Commercial) - Manitoba Hydro
Eligible projects include surface roof upgrades with R-25 to R30 effective, cavity roof upgrades with R-40 to R-50 effective, and surface wall and cavity wall upgrades with R-17 to R-20 effective. Eligible projects receive the following incentive factors:
- Surface insulation incentive factor (R-25 to R-30 effective required) = 7.5¢/R/ft2;
- Cavity insulation incentive factor (R-40 to R-50 effective required) = 3.0¢/R/ft2.
- Surface insulation incentive factor (R-17 to R-20 effective required) = 7.5¢/R/ft2;
- Cavity insulation incentive factor (R-17 to R-20 effective required) = 4.0¢/R/ft2.
New Buildings Program
Manitoba Hydro is offering the following incentives for designing, constructing, and operating new energy efficient buildings.
Energy Modelling Assistance Incentive: up to $10,000 to customers who submit a completed design energy modelling report before their project is tendered
Performance Path Incentive: Design or Construction – $1.00 / ft2
Proven Performance: $0.50/sq. ft. to $2.00/sq. ft. for demonstrating whole-building energy savings of at least 5% better than NECB (up to 20% better)
Power Smart Religious Buildings Loan
Manitoba Hydro is offering to assist religious building customers with the cost of building assessments and the implementation of appropriate energy improvements.
- On-bill financing at 5.5% interest per annum
- Up to $15,000 is available for facilities with energy bills amounting to less than $10,000/year, or up to $30,000 for facilities with energy bills exceeding $10,000/year
On-bill financing of between $500 and $15,000 is available without an energy audit for up to 120 months (10 years).