Manitoba Commercial Financial Incentives for Insulation
Indigenous Small Business Program
The program offers two phases of free energy efficient upgrades specifically for First Nation and Métis small businesses so you have the option to pick what’s right for you.
- A-line LED bulbs to help you save instantly on your energy bill.
- Faucet aerators and pre-rinse spray valves to help you save instantly on your water and energy bills.
- Same day assessment for even more energy efficiency upgrades.
- Enhance your space and save even more on your energy bill by upgrading to
- LED linear lamps
- Specialty LED bulbs
- LED exit signs
- Smart thermostats
- Lighting controls
- Pitched roof insulation
Building Envelope (Commercial) - Manitoba Hydro
Eligible projects include surface roof upgrades with R-25 to R30 effective, cavity roof upgrades with R-40 to R-50 effective, and surface wall and cavity wall upgrades with R-17 to R-20 effective. Eligible projects receive the following incentive factors:
- Surface insulation incentive factor (R-25 to R-30 effective required) = 7.5¢/R/ft2;
- Cavity insulation incentive factor (R-40 to R-50 effective required) = 3.0¢/R/ft2.
- Surface insulation incentive factor (R-17 to R-20 effective required) = 7.5¢/R/ft2;
- Cavity insulation incentive factor (R-17 to R-20 effective required) = 4.0¢/R/ft2.
New Buildings Program
Manitoba Hydro is offering the following incentives for designing, constructing, and operating new energy efficient buildings.
Energy Modelling Assistance Incentive: up to $10,000 to customers who submit a completed design energy modelling report before their project is tendered
Performance Path Incentive: Design or Construction – $1.00 / ft2
Proven Performance: $0.50/sq. ft. to $2.00/sq. ft. for demonstrating whole-building energy savings of at least 5% better than NECB (up to 20% better)