British Columbia Institutional Financial Incentives for Insulation
Project Implementation Funding
Up to 75% of the incremental cost of energy efficiency projects to help implement efficiency projects. The funding level is also based on a tiered approach, meaning projects that were previously too costly may now be eligible for richer incentives.
Building needs to be electrically heated.
Contact: Lower Mainland: 604-522-4713 | Elsewhere: 1-866-522-4713 | email
Commercial Custom Design Program: Retrofit Projects
Program for buildings designed with energy conservation in mind.
- Energy Study Funding: 50% of the cost to a maximum of $25,000.
- Capital Incentive Funding: The additional cost of implementing the approved energy conservation measure over and above the cost of an otherwise equivalent yet less efficient alternative, less the value of one year’s worth of natural gas savings.
- Implementation Bonus Funding: Offered to those who successfully deliver more than half of the approved energy savings, up to $25,000.
Buildings need to be heated with natural gas.
Contact: 1-866-884-8833 | email
Custom Business Efficiency Program
A program for buildings with high-performance designs that deliver energy savings.
- Energy Study Funding: No cost walk-through energy assessment to help identify energy saving opportunities for your project.
- Energy Modelling Study: $1,500 towards the cost of the energy study, and 50% advance from your expected rebate (up to $6,000).
- Rebates: Based on $0.10/estimated annual kilowatt hour (kWh) saved, and provided once your project is complete and the energy savings are confirmed. Final rebate amounts range from $1,000 to over $300,000.
Karen d’Aoust, PowerSense Small Business Representative | 250-469-8035 | 1-855-857-7411 | email
Central Okanagan Kelly Hewson, CEM, PowerSense Technical Advisor | 250-717-0809 | email
Kootenay / Boundary Doug Limminen, CEM, PowerSense Technical Advisor | 250-368-0509 | email