National Insulation and Air Sealing Training Program
9 Modules and about 1 hour per module
Welcome to the National Insulation and Air Sealing Training Program – for residential contractors and renovators who work with thermal insulation installs and building envelope materials.
More expectations for the energy performance of new and existing buildings are being written into Canadian building codes.
That’s why NAIMA Canada has developed the National Insulation and Air Sealing Training Program with a focus on National Code and National Energy Code requirements. This comprehensive 9 part series presents construction and renovation focused learning content based on input from industry, government, and manufacturing sources.
Level: Entry to Intermediate
Format: Online, self-paced
Certificate of Completion available upon successful completion of the course
Registration Open: National Insulation and Air Sealing Training Program
THE PURPOSE OF THIS TRAINING IS TO PROVIDE:
- Organized and plain language explanations of insulation installation and building science
- Connections to national code requirements and high-performance building standards
- Recommendations on proper industry procedures, tools, and materials
- Broad context information on the systems and barriers that affect insulation
- An exploration of the connected layers and systems in whole home energy retrofits
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR:
- Open to insulation installers and contractors, construction and trades contractors
- For the tradesperson on the jobsite either doing and/or supervising the installation
- Energy advisors new to the industry, trades students, and apprentices
Introductory Module – Health and Safety
Module 1 – Insulation Building Science
Module 2 – Integrations and Mechanicals
Module 3 – National Building Code: Insulation
Module 4 – National Energy Code for Buildings: Insulation
Module 5 – Materials, Tools and Equipment
Module 6 – Airtightness and Moisture Control
Module 7 – Installation Preparation
Module 8 – Installation Process
Module 9 – Conclusion and Course Review
The National Insulation and Air Sealing Training Program provides contractors with up to date industry recommended practices, building science foundations, and codes. Register for the training and elevate your business today!
About NAIMA Canada Training
NAIMA Canada works with Canadian building science experts, construction professionals, institutions and supporting organizations to create free, online training for people in the construction industry. Our mandate is to improve the comfort and energy efficiency of buildings through increased insulation and air tightness strategies.
We are always looking to forge strong partnerships with others in the construction industry, in educational institutions, and with those interested in sharing information about high performance buildings, energy efficiency, occupant comfort and healthy housing.
To learn more about our training and how we can help your organization, please contact:
Andy Cockburn, Director of Education & Training