The Yukon Residential Financial Incentives for Insulation
Good Energy Rebate Program - Insulation Improvements
- $2.50 per square foot for adding an insulation value of R-20 to R-29.
- $3.50 per square foot for adding an insulation value of R-30 or greater.
Rebate for super-insulated new homes
You could get a $10,000 rebate when you build a home that uses 50% less thermal energy than one built to the 2015 National Building Code.
Changes to the Rebate April 1, 2020:
On April 1, 2020, the rebate will change to 2 different offers for builders and homeowners:
- new homes that use 60 per cent less thermal energy than National Building Code (2015) specifications will be eligible for a $10,000 rebate.
- new homes that use 50 per cent less thermal energy than National Building Code (2015) specifications will be eligible for a $5,000 rebate. This is the current energy target but with a reduced rebate.
Homes with an occupancy permit dated before April 1, 2020 will continue to qualify under the current rebate program.
You can also qualify under the current rebate criteria if:
- you received a plan energy assessment by a certified energy advisor before June 1, 2019; and
- your occupancy permit date is before June 1, 2020.
Otherwise, if your occupancy permit date is on or after April 1, 2020, you will be evaluated according to the new rebate terms.