Newfoundland & Labrador Residential Financial Incentives for Insulation
Take Charge NL is offering the following rebates for homeowners of homes built before January 1, 2014 and connected to an electrical system:
- 75% of pre-tax costs, up to a maximum of $1,000, for insulating a basement wall to at least R-18 (and at most R-25) or a basement ceiling to at least R-30 (and at most R-35)
- 50% of pre-tax costs, up to a maximum of $1,000, for insulating an attic to at least R-50 (and at most R-55)
Newfoundland Power 1-800-663-2802 | 709-737-2802
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro 1-888-737-1296 or 709-737-1400 | email
Receive a rebate of 75% of the cost of insulation for your basement ceiling or walls up to $1000.
Receive a rebate of 50% of the cost of insulation for your attic up to $1000.
- Having enough insulation can save you thousands on heating costs. Heating usually accounts for over 50% of the electricity used in electrically heated homes.
- Insulation keeps your house cozy when temperatures drop.
- Attic insulation helps keep your home cool in the summer and basement insulation combats humidity issues.