Prince Edward Island Institutional Financial Incentives for Insulation
Commercial Sector and Institutional Buildings Program for Energy Incentives (CSIPEI)
The Commercial Sector and Institutional Building Program for Energy Incentives is a grant program that applies to heating, ventilation and cooling systems, as well as electrical systems for industrial buildings. Funding is available to help industrial facilities evaluate the potential for energy savings, conduct energy audits and implement opportunities identified.
Incentives can be combined with funding offered through Natural Resources Canada to maximize energy efficiency opportunities by optimizing industrial process and equipment and implementing ongoing energy management programs.
• Up to 50% of costs to evaluate potential upgrades (to a maximum of $2,000)
• Up to $20,000 of energy project costs, based on energy savings
Energy Efficiency Multi Unit Residential Building Grant
Prince Edward Island’s Office of Energy Efficiency is offering building owners and managers 15% of the total cost to add insulation to multi unit residential buildings.
The requirements are as follows:
- Above ground walls: at least R-6 is added
- Below ground walls: at least R-12 is added
- Basement header: at least R-20 is added
- Attic: at least R-50
- Sloped/flat roof: at least R-28
- Exposed floor: at least R-20