Ontario Residential Financial Incentives for Insulation
- Homeowners with a household income under $70,000 and asset value of less than $200,000
- House must be the sole residence and valued at less than $305,372
- Mortgage, Property Tax and Home Insurance must be up-to-date
What Insulation Projects Might Be Eligible?
A project to add or improve the insulation value in attics, basements or roofs.
How and When To Apply?
Applications for Insulate Lanark are available immediately and may be accessed with the link on this site or by mail upon request. Projects will be reviewed and approved until the funding allocation is depleted.
What If I Have Questions?
If you would like more information or to have an application mailed to you, please call to book a phone appointment with a Housing Services Caseworker at:
(613) 812-3252 or (613)-267-4200, Ext 2404 or Ext 2402 or
Toll-free 1-888-952-6275 Ext 2404 or 2402
What Information Must I Provide to Determine My Eligibility?
- Photo Identification for every member of the household
- Notices of Assessment for every adult in the household
- Asset verification – 90 days of current bank statement data
- Verification that the mortgage is up to date or a sworn declaration that the home is owned with no mortgage attached
- Verification that property taxes are up to date
- Verification that house insurance is up to date
- Proof of property value – MPAC statement
- 2 quotes for the project (quotes must be from qualified companies that have a business or HST number)
Where To Submit The Application?
Lanark County Housing Services
52 Abbott Street North, Unit 4
Smiths Falls, ON, K7A 1W3
(Mail or Drop off)
Lanark County Administration Building
99 Christie Lake Road,
Perth, ON, K7H 3C6
(Mail or Drop off)
Lanark County Social Services
33 Lansdowne Street, Unit 43C
Carleton Place, ON
(Drop off only)
OR Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Genworth Energy Efficient Housing Program
- A refund of up to 25 per cent of the Genworth Canada insurance premium.
- Available on all Genworth Canada mortgage insurance products.
|$300,000 mortgage @ 95% LTV||Premium Payable*|
|Standard Premium (95% LTV = 4.00%)||$12,000|
|Energy-Efficient Premium Refund (15%)||($1,800)|
Hydro One First Nations Conservation Program
To qualify for the program:
- You must be a First Nations person living in a participating First Nations community
- You must be a primary or secondary account holder or live in band-owned housing
- If you own your home, it must be your primary residence
- If you rent your home, you must have the consent of the building owner/manager
Free upgrades might include:
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED bulbs
- Smart power bars
- Low-flow showerheads
- ENERGY STAR® certified appliances
- Faucet aerators
- Attic and basement insulation
- Programmable thermostats
- Block heater timers
- Hot water tank wrap and pipe insulation
ENBRIDGE Home Efficiency Rebate Offering
To participate in the Home Efficiency Rebate, you must meet the following requirements:
- Own a residential detached or semi-detached house or row townhouse
- Heat your home using a natural gas furnace or boiler
- Complete home assessments with a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) before and after upgrades are made
- Install two or more qualifying upgrades
IT’S AS EASY AS 1-2-3
1. Contact a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) to pre-qualify for your initial home assessment.
Contact one of the many available REAs who will take the time to pre-qualify you over the phone before your initial assessment is booked, listed at enbridgesmartsavings.com/energyadvisor. Each Service Organization provides the same customer experience and will facilitate the rebate on your behalf. Upon successful completion, Enbridge Gas will include a $550 reimbursement to help offset the cost of both energy assessments. This will be included in your ﬁnal incentive cheque.
2. Successfully complete at least two qualifying upgrades.
When selecting your contractors, Enbridge recommends getting at least three quotes before making a decision. A list of contractors and qualifying upgrades can be found online at enbridgesmartsavings.com/upgrades.
3. Complete a ﬁnal home assessment with the same Registered Energy Advisor.
The ﬁnal assessment takes approximately an hour and must take place within 120 days of your initial assessment. Your Registered Energy Advisor will then submit your paperwork to Enbridge, and you’ll receive your incentive cheque by mail within 8-12 weeks.
HOMEOWNER INCENTIVE OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Heating System (furnace or boiler) $750
- Upgraded Insulation:
- Up to $1,000 for Basement
- Up to $2,000 fir Exterior Wall
- Up to $500 for Attic
- Water Heater: $200
- Windows/Doors: approx. $40 per
- Air Sealing: Up to $150
For complete qualifying details, and to book your home assessment with a Registered Energy Advisor, visit: enbridgesmartsavings.com/homerebate
Enbridge Greenhouses Program
- Controls to better manage greenhouse temperature and humidity levels
- Insulation and other measures to reduce air leaks
- Air curtains and retractable curtains to keep sunlight and inside treated air in and outside air out
- Infrared heaters for direct controlled heating
- Maintenance of heating equipment to optimize overall performance and longevity of equipment
- Destratification and/or horizontal air flow fans to maximize efficiency and circulation of treated air and humidity
- Measures to improve efficiency of ventilation systems and minimize loss of treated air
- Replacement of outdated energy efficiency measures
SaveOn/Toronto Hydro Home Assistance Program
What upgrades are available through the program?
- ENERGY STAR®-certified LED light bulbs
- Power bars with timers
- High-efficiency showerheads (standard and handheld)
- Aerators (kitchen and bathroom)
- Drying racks
- Energy-efficient refrigerator
- Window air conditioner
- Additional attic or basement insulation
- Weatherstripping around doors and windows
Home Energy Loan Program (HELP)
- High-efficiency furnaces / boilers / air conditioners
- Air-source heat pumps
- Window / door replacements
- Basement/attic/exterior wall insulation
- Air sealing (e.g. weather stripping or caulking)
- Geothermal systems
- High-efficiency water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Drain-water heat recovery systems
- Toilet replacements
- Solar hot water systems
- Rooftop solar PV panels
- Electric vehicle charging stations (Level 2)
- Battery storage
Enbridge Affordable Housing Conservation Program
Enbridge - Home Reno Rebate
Home Weatherization Program
To help lower-income households save money on energy bills, the program offers free insulation where it is needed in the attic, wall, and basement.
Hi-rise Retrofit Improvement Support (Hi-RIS) Program
- 5-year term interest rate 2.05%
- 10-year term interest rate 3.54%
- 15-year term interest rate 4.74%
- 20-year term interest rate 5.26%
The loan will be repaid in instalments on the building owner’s property tax bill.