Ontario Institutional Financial Incentives for Insulation
Ontario’s Municipal Energy Plan Program
Province of Ontario is offering the following incentive to municipalities to better understand their local energy needs, identify opportunities for energy efficiency and clean energy, and develop plans to meet their goals.
- 50% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $90,000, to develop a municipal energy plan
- 50% of eligible costs, to a maximum of $25,000, for enhancing an existing energy plan
SaveONenergy is offering the following incentives under the Engineered and Custom Tracks for building retrofits.
- Non-lighting projects: Greater of either $800/kw or $0.10/kWh of first year electricity savings
- Social housing: Advance of 50% of the eligible incentive funding before project starts and after project approval by your local electric utility; gap grant funding to top up eligible financial incentive to 50% of project cost.
The project must have an estimated demand reduction of 1 kW or first-year annual energy savings of 2,000 kWh. Projects must deliver energy savings for at least 48 months.
Contact: Contact your local energy provider
Runsmart Building Optimization
Union Gas will provide an incentive to customers for the successful implementation of low-cost/no-cost energy saving measures and activities that optimize a building’s energy use, including checking insulation integrity.
- $0.10/m3 to a maximum of $20,000
Eligible buildings (education, healthcare, office, MURB, and entertainment commercial buildings) must use at least 200,000 m3 of natural gas per year, have been in use for at least 5 years, not have been recommissioned in the past 5 years, and have natural gas heating.