Quebec Residential Financial Incentives for Insulation
The Ministry of Natural Resources in Quebec is offering $1,000 for new single-family houses (detached, semi-detached, or row house) that have been Novoclimat-certified and are heated mainly by electricity, natural gas, or residual forest biomass.
The Ministry of Natural Resources in Quebec is offering a 50% reduction in the price for an on-site evaluation and the following rebates to its customers who insulate their homes.
Attic, Flat Roof, or Cathedral Ceiling Insulation
- $35-$975, depending on the percentage of insulated surface and the increase in insulation value
Foundation With a Basement
- Wall insulation: $165-$1,625, depending on the percentage of insulated surface and the increase in insulation value
- End joist insulation: $165, including sealing
- At least 20% of the total surface area of the foundation walls (common walls are not included) must be insulated
Foundation With Crawl Space
- With exterior walls and end joists: $650-$1,300, depending on the increase in insulating value
- Insulating 100% of the floor above: $325
- $295-$2,440, depending on the percentage of insulated surface and the increase in insulating value
- At least 20% of the total surface area (common walls not included) must be insulated
Exposed Floor i.e., floor above a non-heated garage
- at least 14 sq. m must be insulated
The program ends on March 31, 2017.