Ontario Industrial Financial Incentives for Insulation
SaveONenergy is offering the following incentives under the Engineered and Custom Tracks for building retrofits.
- Non-lighting projects: Greater of either $800/kw or $0.10/kWh of first year electricity savings
- Social housing: Advance of 50% of the eligible incentive funding before project starts and after project approval by your local electric utility; gap grant funding to top up eligible financial incentive to 50% of project cost.
The project must have an estimated demand reduction of 1 kW or first-year annual energy savings of 2,000 kWh. Projects must deliver energy savings for at least 48 months.
Contact: Contact your local energy provider
Custom Solutions and Incentives
Enbridge is offering the following incentives to help improve the energy efficiency of industrial buildings:
- Energy Assessment and Measurement Incentive: up to 50% of the cost up to
- $10,000 for buildings that consume more than 2,500,000 m3 of natural gas per year
- $6,000 for buildings that consume between 1,000,000 and 2,499,999 m3 of natural gas per year
- $2,000 for buildings that consume between 300,000 and 999,999 m3 of natural gas per year
- $1,000 for buildings that consume less than 299,999 m3 of natural gas per year
- Action and Implementation Incentive:
- $0.20/m3 saved for the first 50,000 m3 saved, then $0.05/m3 for additional savings
Contact: 1-888-428-8888 | email
Runsmart Building Optimization
Union Gas will provide an incentive to customers for the successful implementation of low-cost/no-cost energy saving measures and activities that optimize a building’s energy use, including checking insulation integrity.
- $0.10/m3 to a maximum of $20,000
Eligible buildings (education, healthcare, office, MURB, and entertainment commercial buildings) must use at least 200,000 m3 of natural gas per year, have been in use for at least 5 years, not have been recommissioned in the past 5 years, and have natural gas heating.