What Do We Do?
NAIMA Canada focuses on the following tasks:
- Support our members. We provide service to manufacturers of fiberglass, rock wool, and slag wool insulation (together known as mineral fiber) used for thermal, sound, fire, or filtration purposes, and we promote the welfare and development of the mineral fiber insulation industry.
- Encourage good work practices and safe use of insulation. We promote and publicise the safe use of mineral fiber insulation, and we promote and encourage good work practices by producers and users of these products.
- Collect and share information. We develop new uses and markets for the products of our industry through research and other means, and we collect statistical information regarding the production, distribution, and use of our industry’s products. We disseminate this information or collaborate with government agencies, building professionals, utility companies, consumers, and other trade associations in matters affecting the industry.
- Promote energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. We promote energy conservation, energy security, and housing affordability through the use of mineral fiber insulation.
- Monitor energy efficiency codes. We assist in the development of Codes and Standards for mineral fiber insulation.